Thursday, January 11, 2007

Art School Confidential

I watched Art School Confidential with Joel a few nights ago. I wasn't sure what to expect, and I think I was hoping for more of an indy comedy. It was nothing of the sort. The film's about a young guy who goes to an art school and gets wrapped up in a big murder scandal.

The movie makes all of its laughs at the expensive of stereotypes. Though this can be funny, this was a little bit over done. The painters are idiots and not at all in touch with anything except their muse ... And they don't have any talent anyway. The gallery owners are greedy, and art losers go crazy. Unfortunately, they didn't quite exaggerate enough to be funny. Was it supposed to be an ironic exposee on art school? Was it supposed to be a comedy making fun of it? Because I didn't laugh too much nor did I find it representative of arties.


4/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home