Thursday, January 11, 2007

The Illusionist

I saw the Illusionist last night with Ben and Aryk. I was initially struck by the cool effects done with the camera. I love the shot the follows Edward Norton walking across the brick square ... The love scene with Jessica Biel was also very well done, tho it may not have been wholely appropriate. :p

The plot-line had a couple of good ideas, but it left far too many events unexplained. Things that couldn't happen seemed to have happened without any explanation. I hate movies that make you think one thing is happening and suddenly without any class tell you that something completely different happened. It's stupid ... That's what I didn't like Oceans 12 much either, but at least they did it with class.


5/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home