Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Road to Perdition

I can't believe that Tom Hanks is showing up in two of the last five movies I've written about. Tom Hanks is like Nicolas Cage, I don't like him as an actor, but I like his films in general. Compare Terminal, Road to Perdition, and Forrest Gump - Hanks masters three incredible different roles! Great acting.

Sam Mendes makes a good film that has the some of the appeal of Sin City. Doesn't every boy want to see men in trench coats shooting each other on a dark and rainy night? The comparison stops there. Road to Perdition has a fairly deep plot: a father and son story. The boy doesn't act great - especially compared with Tom.

Highlights for me were the massacre scenes at the end. They were filmed creatively, and in a tasteful way. Once Connor has been shot, the door swings open and you see his dead body in the mirror: nice.


Decent film.


6/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home