Thursday, September 14, 2006

Lost in Translation

I think that Sophia Coppola is becoming one of my favourite producers. Her films are so atmospheric. There's something about the combination of the great music (air, phoenix) with the shots she gets. I love how she kept getting the girl in "lost in translation". She's always sitting looking over tokyo, often with headphones. It's great.

The comedy was pretty good too. I liked some of the translation scenes. I like how at the end she remains pure and he chooses not to do anything - of course the irony is that he slept with that weird singer lady. Is adultery worse because he didn't even love her? Would it have been better if he had loved her? I don't know...

Anyway .. pretty good film. Great feel, though the whole story is about to married people's relationship. Odd, but somehow good.


7/10

1 Comments:

Blogger Sacha said...

Fun movie idea for ya: Pane e tulipani. It's an Italian film. Although, I did seem to be the only one laughing at times, it helps to be able to understand a little of the orignial language, which makes things a little funnier (especially when they mistranslate something).

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home