Monday, October 30, 2006

The Departed

I saw the Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' at the cinema on Friday. I didn't have any idea what to expect. From the title, I thought it was going to be some sort of underworld movie. I was very pleasantly surprised, and really enjoyed the film.

To start, the lineup is great: Leonardo Dicaprio, Matt Damon, Jack Nicolson, and Mark Wahlberg. They all have great performances, but I think I'll go as far as to say that it maybe be one of DiCaprio's better performances. He portrays so well the confusion and pain that he's going through.

The story is great, and the dialogue is also excellent. I love the parallelism (or perpendicularism?) between the two characters. The comparisons are strong. There were several times when the dialogue was really just genius, and made you want to know who came up with it.

The ending was also very satisfying. Maybe it's because one of the main writers was chinese, but it came out original and unique. I like how the bad (?) person finally gets away. It some much more realistic. I a real shakespearean tragedy. good film.


8/10

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home